We think New York is great for small business -- and so do our clients.
Since our start in
2009, the expert advisors of the
Columbia-Harlem SBDC have worked directly with
1,911 businesses, helping them to invest
in the area's economy, and create or save
Learn and Prepare:
Some of what our center provides:
*Small business workshops
*Intensive business education programs
*Cash flow, budgeting
*Sources of funding
*Developing marketing plans
*Complying with licensing & regulations
The Columbia-Harlem SBDC is a member of a network of 24 regional small business development centers, organized through the New York State Small Business Development Center. These SBDCs deliver high quality business counseling and resources to New Yorkers who want to start a business or improve the performance of an existing business.
If you or your business reside in New York, the SBDC can maneuver you around the obstacles to success.
The Columbia-Harlem Small Business Development Center offers specialized programs as well:
* Minority and Women Owned Business (MWBE) support and certification
* Anchor institutions & corporation procurement
* NYC Pitch Workshop Series and Competition
* The Columbia Community Business Program (CCBP)
* Harlem Local Vendor Program (HLVP)
If you or your business reside in New York, the SBDC can maneuver you around the
obstacles to success. Among other things, we help our clients:
- understand the importance of a business plan
- discover sources of funding
- prepare for e-commerce
- identify avenues for exporting goods & services
- develop marketing plans
- assess an invention’s viability
- comply with licensing & regulations
And thanks to our partners in the public and private sectors, our services are free of charge.